Facts about the adult entertainment industry:
- In Los Angeles County from June 30, 2008 to June 30, 2011, there were 6,447 new cases of HIV reported according to the California Dept. of Public Health, but only two were adult performers who did not contract it on-set;
- There have been no documented cases of HIV transmission on an adult entertainment set since 2004;
- The industry sets testing standards far in excess of virtually any other industry such as local hospitals, pharmaceutical firms or food service. It is also the only industry that orders industry-wide shutdowns of production whenever a threat to performers exists;
- The industry employs over ten thousand workers in production-related jobs such as make-up, lighting, carpenters, transportation, food service, payroll processing, web design, etc. All of which would be in jeopardy should Measure B pass;
- The industry contributes over a billion dollars in local economic impact and tax revenues to local cities and the county that would also be in jeopardy.